Thank you to Zenorah and Miss Holly Berries for the Liebster Award! I have seen this blog award floating around before, and I love how connected blogger awards make the community feel, not to mention all of the great blogs I have discovered through them! Also, THANK YOU to both lovely ladies for nominating me!
What it means:
“The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. I have a tendency to Google everything so I just had to look up what Liebster meant. Liebster is the German word for sweetheart, dearest, favorite, beloved. So I guess this is for your favorite new blog!”
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the ‘tagger’ has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. There’s no tag backs.
11 Things About Me:
1. My sister and I once drove fourteen hours round trip in one day to rescue two dogs that were on death row.
2. My best friend is my cousin- We grew up together and were in the same class together kindergarten through high school. Then we went to college and were roommates!
3. I love museums! When it comes to vacations, I’d rather spend them at museums than roasting on the beach.
4. I have a tendency to make up situations that would NEVER happen, treat them like factual information despite knowing how ridiculous they are, and use them in debates with my husband. I don’t know how he puts up with me. 😀
5. I haven’t eaten red meat or pork in ten years; no white meats for 2 1/2 years.
6. A photograph I took of my dog was selected for the month of August on an animal rescue calendar.
7. One thing that my husband can’t stand about me is that I always leave cereal bags half opened and it ends up stale.
8. I love pickles and pretty much anything that is heavy on the vinegar.
9. When I was in elementary school, we got a cat named Mittens for about two weeks. My mom lied to me and said the woman wanted the cat back. I did not find out about this LIE until I was 29 and believed it that whole time. My mom just didn’t want the cat. (Sorry, Mom…)
10. My favorite color to wear is white.
11. Finnish was my grandmother’s first language. When she spoke on the phone in Finnish with her friends, I just assumed she was gossiping about me!
Questions asked to me by Zenorah and Miss Holly Berries:
1. You’re packing for a trip and you have room for only ONE nail polish in your luggage to wear for every occasion while on that trip and you are NOT allowed a nude polish, what polish would you take for your entire trip and WHY?
Tough question! I’m going to go with OPI’s Russian Navy.
2. What dupe polishes do you own in your collection?
I have OPI’s Just Spotted the Lizard (Dupe for Chanel Peridot), and Essence’s dupe for Chanel Orange Fizz. I’m sure I have other dupes too!
3. What colour family of nail polishes do you have an absolute weakness for?
Definitely greens…after that, pinks!
4. You have been approached by a major nail polish company to create a signature nail polish to reflect your personality and over all taste, what colour, texture and polish finish would it be and what would you name it???
What a dream! My polish would be something extremely feminine with some kind of twist; maybe a cool-toned pink jelly polish packed with huge chunks of white, pink, and cream glitter with some black thrown in.
5. What nail polish(es) have you repurchased in your collection?
I did buy a back up of Kim Konfidential from Nicole by OPI.
6. Name the nail polish(es) that gives you the MOST amount of self-confidence.
Butter London’s Wallis! I don’t know what it is about this polish, but I just feel like it is a perfect color for me (olive green).
7. You are the creative designer for a runway show for a famous fashion designer – he/she needs your help in selecting ONE nail polish for every season for their annual fashion line (total of 4 polishes, one per season) what would you choose for their Spring, Summer, Fall & Winter lines? And why?
Spring- Butter London Trout Pout; to me this is just enough beyond plain old pastel, but it’s still springy.
Summer- Zoya Zuza; anyone who has seen this polish knows why. It IS summer in a bottle!
Fall- This is hard; this is my favorite season! I’m going to go with American Apparel’s Lopez Canyon. It’s a rusty orange color that isn’t bright like a pumpkin.
Winter- Essie Dive Bar, just for something different that will contrast with the snow.
8. If you had to wear a nail trend for more than a month – what would it be?
Matte finish- I really like the look of it.
9. What brands of nail polish(es) do you want to try, that are either not available in your country or is too expensive to justify spending the money on?
Chanel and Dior for sure; I’m not against spending that much money on a bottle of polish, but it’s not something I would do every single day. I am planning on splurging on a bottle of high end polish when I reach one year of not biting my nails! I also would like to try Barry M polish.
10. What polish(es) do you treasure the MOST in your collection and why? (Does it hold any sentimental value)
Definitely China Glaze Sea Spray since my grandma said it was a “horrendous color”, which is what sparked this blog! Also Butter London Slapper since my husband bought it for my birthday. 🙂
11. You lost a bet to a friend and you HAVE to give her one of your favourite LIMITED edition polishes, what would it be??? And why???
I would give my sister Sally Hansen’s White Veil to wear during her wedding for a touch of sparkle.
Question from Miss Holly Berries: