HELLO! Long time, no see! I went out of town for way longer than I was planning during the holidays, hence the lack of posts! I’m back and with a very sweet blog award! I was nominated by Holly and Zenorah for the 2012 Blog of the Year award. Blog awards are a great way to show what blogs that you have enjoyed, and I’ve found that they are also a great way to meet people too!
1 Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2 Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3 Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4 Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5 You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6 As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog … and start collecting stars…”
“Yes – that’s right – there are stars to collect!
Unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once – this award is different!
When you begin you will receive the ‘1 star’ award – and every time you are given the award by another blog – you can add another star!
There are a total of 6 stars to collect.
Which means that you can check out your favorite blogs – and even if they have already been given the award by someone else – you can still bestow it on them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars!”
I have two stars so far! The other nominations I have seen also have 7 facts listed about themselves…so I’ll try to think of something interesting. 🙂
1. I love to draw and art was my first love in life. To this day I regret not going to school for art…instead I majored in writing. Close enough, I guess!
2. This year I am going to attempt to learn the banjo.
3. In the next few days, I am going to attempt my first green juice/smoothie cleanse. I have always wanted to do one due to the mental clarity you’re supposed to gain from it, but I am terrified! At the same time, I am anxious to start.
4. I absolutely love to read and will read just about anything, but the Little House on the Prairie series changed my life. I got it for Christmas in third grade and still have my original set. My mom even made me a Laura Ingalls dress so I could pretend to be Laura.
5. My favorite television show is the original Beverly Hills, 90210. I watch it every day on SoapNet and have seen every episode about a million times! My sister even gave me a “Donna Martin Graduates” t-shirt for Christmas!
6. I used to love cats as a kid, but when I got older I was definitely more of a dog person. One day while I was at work, I looked out the window while I was teaching and saw a kitten with one ear! The other one had been cut off and was bleeding. After a little rescue effort, my love of cats was resurrected with our first cat, Piper. Three years later we have three cats!
7. I play Scrabble almost every night online with my dad and a family friend.
Happy New Year, and thanks for reading!