Nubar Jewel is one of the most interesting polishes I have. It is a brown, nearly bronze holographic polish packed full of rainbow holo glitter. Let me tell you now that my pictures don’t do this polish any justice whatsoever. It is simply gorgeous, and even prettier in person!
The formula on this polish is easy to use and very smooth; when it dries, the polish is a bit gritty because of the glitter. This is remedied with a thick top coat. In the sun, this polish REALLY sparkles and the rainbow element of the glitter is very prominent. You can sort of see this on the bottle.
Again, the rainbow starts to come out here. Jewel is from the Nubar Prisms collection, so there are many more colors available. It is listed for $10 on Nubar’s website, but I got mine from Amazon for less. Nubar is cruelty-free and vegan, too!
When my husband and I get into something, we usually go all out and have to learn every little thing about it, and nail polish did not escape that shared trait of ours. If I’m going to do something, I want to do it right and in a way that works for me. That leads me to this list of handy dandy items that are must have items in my nail polish routine.
1. Nubar Diamont Seal & Shine Top Coat- It dries quickly and leaves the nails shiny and strong. I like Seche Vite too, but Nubar is my favorite top coat.
2. Steel nail files- The one in the photo is from Macy’s, but I get mine from the Dollar Tree of all places, where they are just 4 for $1.
3. Lush Lemony Flutter- Now that I have experienced it, I know how necessary this cuticle conditioning is, and Lush Lemony Flutter is just perfect for that. It is better than regular lotion, and you can’t beat something that is handmade with organic ingredients!
4. Sally Hansen Kwik-Off Remover- Easy nail polish remover. I wash out the sponge and refill the container when it is finished to get more use out of it.
5. Pointed cotton swabs- Pointed cotton swabs help with any polish clean ups needed on the nails.
6. OPI Ridge Filler- I really like this as a base coat. It makes my nails really smooth.
7. Essie Matte About You Top Coat – I love matte nails, and Matte About You creates a matte finish within seconds.
One of these days, I am going to post a photo of my “before” nails. I had no idea that one existed, but my husband found one (holding “paws” with my dog), and pointed out that they look a lot better now.