Ulta had a wonderful online promotion recently where you could get a free bag of nail goodies with a $25 purchase. Even though there is finally an Ulta in my area, sometimes I shop online if the deals are better (plus I can get money back through eBates). This bag of nail goodies was particularly exciting: SEVEN bottles of Essence polish (they retail for $1 each), a bottle of Ulta Professional Nails of Steel Nail Hardener (retails for $7.50), a small sample of Butter London Kitten Heels Foot Creme, and a sample of Ahava Mineral Hand Cream.
When I first saw the image online, I thought the blue and the pink colors were similar to two other Essence polishes that I have, but that was not the case! These are all new to me polishes and they’re colors that I like (no grape purple!!).
In the top row:
1. White Secret- It looks opaque, but it’s actually a sheer, milky white. I love white so this is perfect for me. It reminds me of OPI Don’t Touch My Tutu.
2. What Do U Think? – I teach English and it’s destroying me inside to type “U”, but this polish is super pretty. I read that this is a dupe for Chanel Orange Fizz (and it seems to be; check it out here). It’s a nice peach with some shimmer. I love this color, and in the bottle it’s my favorite of the bunch.
3. Date with the Night -This is a nice neutral, sort of a deep taupe/gunmetal color depending on the light. This also has some shimmer. I am totally obsessed with taupe eyeshadow right now, so I’m excited about this.
4. Enchanted Fairy- Okay, now this is REALLY my style! A girly and feminine grayish lavender with shimmer. And just look at the name!
5. Just Rock It- This is a deep blue that leans in between cobalt and navy. This looks promising from the swatches I looked up.
6. Everybody’s Talking About- This reminds me of Essie Watermelon; I may have to compare them. Either way, it’s a gorgeous deep pink and very summery.
7. Can’t Cheat On Me- This is a subtle holographic polish, so I am pretty excited about this one! It’s a classic silver shade and the swatches look pretty.
I used the mineral hand cream today and while I loved the texture, the scent was not for me. Since What Do U Think? is a Chanel dupe, I may have to try that one first!